Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Shopping Our Stash - Stickle Me Elmo

Hello, Crafty Folks!
Welcome to the Shopping Our Stash's
 "Stickle Me Elmo" Challenge!
We would like to see how creatively you can use Stickles or any glitter glue you have on hand!  

Here is my "Stickle" Me  "Faux Leather Tag"

The tag base was created using Chipboard (package inserts.)  The chipboard was painted with Ranger® Distress Ink (Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain.)  After it dried, I spritzed the tag with Tattered Angels' "Almost Black" Glimmer Mist and Color Box  "Mud Slide" Dye Mist Spray.  When the tag dried, I applied a light coat of Ranger™ "Rock Candy" Crackle.  I made an irregular tear along the bottom and then distressed the edges with Vintage Photo and Rub n' Buff "Pewter." 
I wish the Smooch™ and Glitter Glaze™ showed better in the photo (try clicking the photo for a closer look) because the effect is quite wonderful!  I cut 3 layers of dragonfly from Kraft Paper using Sizzix's® Layered Dragonfly Die and Embossing Folder.  I glued two dragonfly layers together and colored them with Ranger ™Walnut Stain and Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink!  The Top Layer Dragonfly was painted with Vintage photo and then I applied The Smooch™(Frost, Pumpkin, and Coastal) and Twinkle Glitter Glaze.  I basically tried to follow the lines of the embossed areas!
The nesting platform for the dragonfly was created by cutting five layers of the Hot Air Balloon Framelit Die (Sizzix/EP "Everyday Eclectic Framlit Stamp and Die Collection) I cut one additional layer from a scrap of black faux leather paper (from my stash.) All the layers were glued together I applied streaks of Rub n' Buff "Pewter" the top applied Crackle and when it dried added a piece acetate.  The brace across the tail was fabricated by applying two "hole reinforcements" to a small scrap of Kraft paper. I cut around the reinforcements to create the desired shape, then I just played with inks and sprays until I achieved the desired look!

Although I created this as a tag, I now intend to use it as the focal on a mini album cover I am designing!  I am not generally a "Glitter" kinda girl, but I must admit I had fun with this one!

Stop by and pay my teammates a visit.  I know you will find even more inspiration.
SHOPPING OUR STASH
STICKLE ME ELMO CHALLENGE

 HUGZ,
CHANA MALKAH!

16 comments:

  1. i'm SO IN LOVE with this! if my faux techniques EVER turned out half as well as this, i'd never do anything else!!! yowza! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! You just made my day!
      Hugz!

      Delete
  2. This is so AWESOME, love everything about it. Your talent is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, Chana! Love the mix of vintage and the pop of glittery goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag and I love that cool dragonfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Chana, I know of someone who would love to have this, if I could ever make one like it but, there is no way I could achieve this level of creativity, this is just gorgeous!!! My almost 19 y/o granddaughter is fascinated by Dragonflies, she loves them, I'm going to pin this project and send it to her so she could at least admire it from afar.
    Fabulous and romantic!!
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rustic colours and textures on this. Wonderful tag. hugs, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AWESOME!!! You really used a wide range of products and got incredible results... always a satisfying process! Truly looks rusted and aged... to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has a fabulous steam-punky look - very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chana!!!
    Your awesomeness knows no bounds!
    This is absolutely stunning!
    I have a defined weakness for dragonflies...just love them...and yours here...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! You just made my day with your kind words!

      Delete
  10. This tag is over the top and so incredibly detailed! I love how you created this work of art around that gorgeous dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, for the wonderful comment, Carol! It was one of those projects that just takes over and goes where ti wants to go! I had fun!
      HUGZ!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana