Friday, August 7, 2015

Believe - Quietfire Guest Designer

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
I am so excited to present this project as a Guest Designer for Quietfire Creations!
I was honored to be invited, and trust me, I agonized over what to create!  Eventually,
I created two projects using the  Quietfire "Believe" Die

Project #1   An Upcyled Ping Pong Paddle
Project #2   A Journal Cover

I was inspired by a project from Asmah Abidin.  She had the fabulous idea of upcycling a ping pong paddle.  I thought this would be the perfect showcase for the Quietfire "Believe" Die!
I sent my hubby off to the Goodwill and he returned with 2 paddles, and a Racketball Racket, which he says he purchased in self defense just in case inspiration took a left turn somewhere.
(Translation no more sudden trips to the Goodwill. )

The elegance of this Quietfire "Believe Die"  really draws the eye into this design, I think!   
Quietfire offers a Believe Stamp Set that could be used to complement the die. 
Paper piecing has become a true port of refuge for me on the days my hands don't work well enough for me to color.  I drew the colors for my paddle from her jacket!.
 The dark wood stain, really brought out the earth colors.   To brighten the palette a little,  I added the orange-red flowers and a smathering of TH Abandoned Coral DI on the flourishes.
PROJECT #2 - JOURNAL
I resisted the temptation to make the spine and back more elaborate!  I decided to leave both black and add only random swipes of gold!  I covered the entire project with three coats of  Liquitex Professional Gloss Varnish...the effect is quiet lovely!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Chana! I just had to pop over to say "WOW". Your projects are amazing! I am so happy that you are a GD at Quietfire!
    Thank you for always inspiring. :)
    Big crafty hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy Jo! Your work is so wonderful that a compliment from you is really appreciated!
      Hugz,
      Chana

      Delete
  2. Wow Chana what amazing projects. You are so talented. Just adore how the humble paddle has been transformed into a magical garden.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chana...I am so much in love with your design on the paddle. The flowers arrangement are so beautiful and I like the paper piecing technique. Wow! The journal cover is amazing; looks very elegant and dramatic. So sweet of you to mention my name Chana, thank you. I'm so glad my ping pong bat inspired you and again your creations are awesomely gorgeous! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chana, I LOVE your projects. The paddle is amazing and such a fun piece - you've inspired me to drag out a paddle and create one. And the journal is just as breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful alterations...the paddle transformation is just STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana